Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A gelato a day...

As i'm sitting here writing this, eating a gelato cone, I realized how much I'm going to miss the simple pleasures of Italia, like my afternoon gelatos or walks up the hills with friends...

Yesterday afternoon my interview was postponed, so (of course) I went out for a small gelato cone with Danielle. I talked to my mom on the phone for the first time in a week and realized it would be less than a week until I saw her! Time keeps flying by...

Dinner was delicious as always; a few of my favorites- penne in a creamy mushroom sauce, risotto stuffed peppers (I ate 1 1/2), grilled and fried vegetables (I had 2 servings of garlic grilled eggplant and zucchini!). Dessert was even MORE cocomelo... and then we got a sweet treat at Stilla, my favorite chocolate filled pastry.

Saturday was definately a day full of treats, but it was a relaxing one at that...my LAST sabato in San Demetrio! =( I stayed out for a while after dinner, but left early because I was SO tired from such a long day.

This morning I woke up well rested, had some muesli, coconut yogurt and a peach- my standard Calabria breakfast.

We went to the mercato in the morning, I got some presents, some fresh fruit and we stopped by the supermercato for a while as well.
We stopped at Dante's again for lunch- my friend Natalie and I shared a cheese plate antipasto, and I had potatoes and peppers for my entree.
This filled me up nice, I'll miss my lunches at Dante's!

This afternoon I snacked on some grapes and wheat crackers while studying and cleaning, before coming out to try and do my interview which I STILL have not been able to do, but Rosa's a busy girl so hopefully I'll catch her tonight.

Right now, after I finish my post and my gelato, we're off to make pizza again, and then we have an invitation to a restaurant opening... so I'm going to try to not eat too much pizza so I have room for free samples!

I love all the food I've been eating in Italy, but I am a little excited to get back to eating regular dinners back at home... the portions here are small, but the amount they expect you to eat is ridiculous! Still, it's almost always worth it with the amazing dishes I've been eating! =)

No comments: