Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ho finito!

Ho finito con Italiano 101 e 102!
I just finished my exam and oral exam, I passed with an "A", and I just finished a delicious celebratory lunch with my best Calabrian girlfriends! It's raining here in Calabria, and although I'm not the biggest fan of rain, it's a nice cool change from the hot hot heat we've been having recently! It's the first time it's rained in the entire month we've been here.

Last night was a nice relaxing night, after gelato and our review we went to dinner and had delicious Pasta alla Norma with peppers, caprese salad, some bread, olives and fritatte. It was a refreshing dinner, perfect before studying for a bit before bed. No going out last night- we needed our sweet dreams before exams!

This morning I woke up in the mood for a sweet breakfast, so I had a couple mini pears before we left and a chocolate croissant from Bar Centrale- it hit the spot!

After my exam, I snacked on some almonds and fresh green grapes (I said goodbye to Cosmo, the fruttivendolo) before my oral exam.

Afterwards I met up with Danielle, Carolyn, Erika, Carolyn, Natalie, Natalie and Kate for a big lunch at Dante's! I had a small piece of bread with spicy pepperoncino sauce, and had little bites of everyone's dishes, they were all so good! For my entree I ordered one of my favoite dishes here so far- Gnoccheti Genovese. I finished every last scrumptious gnocchi, delizioso!

This afternoon, if the rain stops, I'll be going horseback riding. If not, I have the entire afternoon off to relax- no more work, I'm so relieved!

So how is everyone in America (and elsewhere)?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin! I can't believe it's almost over, incredible how time flies :) your pictures and posts have captured your experience so well, I love hearing what's going on in Italy!! all the best on the last few days :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the "A"!