Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rainy Relaxing...

What a first day back in RI. It has been raining and pouring all day long, not a nice day at all!
I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, and I still feel a bit jet lagged... so I took it pretty easy all day.
The fridge of my house was practically bare today when I opened it, but luckily I found a stray hemp bagel in my freezer that I toasted with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a drizzle of agave with a nectarine for breakfast.

For lunch, I heated a simple sunshine burger on a Rudi's bun with some honey dijon and organic ketchup, with a whole bunch of cherries on the side. I missed fresh cherries!

I didn't need a snack in the afternoon because my sunshine burger held me so well, but we had a bit of a light antipasto before I began cooking dinner- some fresh cheese, olives, and carrots.

I'll apologize in advance for not taking a photo of my plate- I was so anxious to taste my italian culinary attempt I ran to my plate as soon as it was filled! I made patate pepperoni, and zucchini salad:


They were both delicious, I had a big serving of each, and for dessert my mom and I split the little red velvet babycakes cupcake we got yesterday in NYC but were too stuffed to try... it was just as fantastic as the cookie!

Tonight I was planning on a long treadmill walk, but the way I'm feeling now it might be cut a bit short. I'm exhausted; I'll be back to my regular routine soon enough. I guess it all takes some adjusting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm now i want a cupcake :)

hope you have a nice sunday night, it was miserable here all day today but luckily the sun just came out now - figures!