Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Un buono compleanno

I had such a perfect little birthday today! I had so much fun during the day with my best friends, and then into the night with my lovely family!

Tyler and I went out to Markos for lunch, and I had my usual; the healthy baked falafel wrap.

Afterwards, we met up with Danielle and played mini golf all afternoon! I'm a terrible putter, but it sure was a fun time, we laughed a lot! At least I didn't lose the ball this time ;)

Later in the afternoon, I met up with my family and we went to Crazy Burger for my birthday dinner! I had a fresh squeezed mango-grapefruit juice (they're known for their fresh juices!) and we had some appetizers- risotto corn fritters with a gorgonzola sauce-Not the healthiest, but they're so flavorful! I had two, they were so yummy!



For my entree, I ordered my favorite- the mushroom burger with bean salad and we got sweet potato fries to share. I ate my WHOLE burger (it was worth it!) half the beans and a few fries.

After dinner, we came home for vegan cake and ice cream! My mom and sister made me my favorite coconut cake recipe from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan, and bought me my favorite purely decadent soy ice creams to go with it! I had a big piece of cake along with a couple scoops of purely decadent pomegranate chip and cookie dough. I also had a couple tiny pieces of pineapple! Dessert was delicious, I was so happy everyone enjoyed the vegan cake!

Topped with "wine" bottles in honor of Italy:

My servings!

My family is so generous, I got a great new DVD I wanted, a pyrex set with a baking pan, a pie pan and a bread pan, and 8" cake pans so I can bake at my new house! Sadly my dad had to bring Tyler home before he could see our new kitchenware, but he's excited I love to bake so much, he has just as much of a sweet tooth as I! Speaking of sweet teeth I think I'm going to go and have another tiny cup of soy ice cream before I head off to bed... it is still my birthday after all!

Have a great night everyone, I'll be back to healthy tomorow but today was definately a delicious day of fun and indulgence!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wohooo for birthdays- glad you were able to 'LIVE IT UP!"...only come once a year :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GORGEOUS birthday cake - happy birthday again, Kristin!!

Meg said...

so glad you had such a wonderful birthday kristin!!! happy 19th:)

Anonymous said...

your birthday sounded like such a great time.. glad you enjoyed yourself!

HangryPants said...

I have got to get my butt to Crazy Burger.

Happy Belated Birthday.

- Heather