Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back to Italia

This morning I was craving fresh bread... so I made some!
I used Jenna's recipe for whole wheat focaccia- and it came out perfect! I mixed and kneaded the dough, then I went for a 25 minute hill-run as I was waiting for the dough to rise. When I returned I covered the dough with garlc infused olive oil, and topped it with some fresh chopped basil from my garden before popping it into the oven!
15 minutes later... ecco-la, foccacia!

While the focaccia was baking, I made myself my favorite italian salad- Insalatona, with greens, raddiccio, corn, tomatoes, 1/2 a can of tuna, a few balls of fresh mozarella, drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Delizioso!

I had my salad, along with a big piece of fresh garlic basil foccacia hot out of the oven! I couldn't have asked for a better italian inspired lunch!

Right now I'm about to do a bit of strength training, before I head out with my Mom to do some grocery shopping for the week. Exercise, baking, shopping, and some time with friends later... the best kind of saturday I could ask for!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That does sound like a wonderful saturday. Your italian lunch looks wonderful and now you got me craving a caprese salad :)

Anonymous said...

Your food looks great... it is nice to see how you can be influenced by other cultures and what a great impact that trip had on yoru life and your healthy outlook!