Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Home alone

Tonight I'm home alone for dinner tonight; I did a big grocery shop this afternoon, just some fresh produce, granola, low fat cottage cheese, and a few other items for meals this week. When I got home from the store with my mom, we had a little treat I found at the store- figs! I enjoyed mine fully, not as good as Italy, but definately brought back the sweet memories of figs right off the tree!

A while later, my stomach was growling for a snack, so I had a 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a medium plum. Usually this combo satisfies me perfectly, but for some reason I was still hungry, so I had a small handful of mixed nuts to hold me until dinner.


Worked like a charm! I was fine for a couple hours until I had time to prepare myself an easy comfort meal. I was home by myself for dinner tonight, and although I spent plenty of time planning for meals for the whole family this week, I failed to remember myself tonight! So, in an attempt to steer away from cereal or pb&j for dinner, I made myself a delicious comforting egg meal of two poached eggs on toast with some salt and pepper, steamed broccoli, some leftover squash/zucchini with oregano, and a few olives (just because I was craving them!)


Overall it was delicious and perfectly filling, just what I needed for a quiet night in. My plans for now are to watch a bit of the Food Network, or maybe dig into one of my new books I got for my birthday before I head out with friends later on. Have a great Saturday night all!

No comments: