Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chef Kristin

Today I got to play Chef Kristin, teaching 9 1st-4th graders how to make healthier Mac n'cheese for an hour and a half! It was so much fun! All of the kids helped out, they each got their own portion and it came out fantastic! I tried a little cup myself (sans the special breadcrumb/cheese topping they had)

We also made mini "strawberry shortcakes" using fresh cut strawberries and all natural preserves, mini trans fat-free cakes and a dollop of light whipped cream! I had a few bites of mine- I finished all the strawberries and whipped cream though!

For my lunch, I wasn't too hungry because I snacked during the class, but I had about1 cup leftover pasta, with some shrimp and some of the pesto sauce from last night.

I also snacked while setting up the class so I wasn't starving while cooking! I had about 1/2 cup cottage cheese and some grapes.
I didn't work out this morning, but it's a beautiful day so I think I might go for a run outside (it's been sooo hot though!,or walk and do some strength in a while.

I'm just so glad my class came out a success, I'm doing one more on Thursday and if that's a hit, 2 more next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how great to teach kids healthy cooking, I am sure they loved it and the food looks great!