Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A day of simple indulgences...

Today was a really great day!
I had a snack of about 3/4 cup cottage cheese midmorning as fuel-

Then I did some ab exercises before getting ready to go out with Eric. I wish I could have done more, but I didn't have much time because I spent a good amount of my morning talking to my friend on the phone, which distracted me from the disappearing time!

We stopped at Whole Foods, where I had a couple of hummus/salsa &pita chip samples, before grabbing a big bowl of salad bar dishes to have for lunch. I tried a few kinds of pasta salad, some different tofus, tempeh and seitan pieces, plus a couple bean dishes and some spinach & grilled veggies.

I also bought a few new treats while I was at Whole Foods- some all natural tinted moisturizer, a couple packets of protein powder, mini granola packs, honey almond butter packs, and Kashi U cereal to try.

Then we were off to Wrentham! We shopped for a few hours, I ended up getting a nice shirt and sweater from Ralph Lauren, a couple shirts, a scarf and some shoes from gap, and a couple pairs of jeans. We snacked on some cashews as we went along, and Eric treated me to a surprise of some chocolate... grasshopper bark (which is one of my favorite indulgences, and I really can't pass up!)... We ate this as we went along as well.


After we were all worn out from shopping, we headed to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, where I had the Creole Tilapia, which came with steamed broccoli and rice pilaf with tomatoes and cheese. I ate all the fish, all the broccoli, half the rice and one of Eric's little shrimpies he insisted I try... yum!


I was just full enough, but tired after such a long day! I'm glad it was as fun as could be though, I love shopping, eating and treating... my favorite pasttimes!

Have a great Saturday night all!

2 comments:

ChickPea said...

That chocolate looks like a work of art!

Anonymous said...

sounds fun!! love the looks of that WF lunch bowl, those are the best!!