Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Egg-cellent lunch!

Ok, can I get any cheesier?
Probably not, but seriously, my omelet today was worth the pun!

But let's start mid-morning and get to lunch.
My legs are seriously sore from the workout I did yesterday, so are my shoulders- unfortunately not my abs, so I think I might continue with my ab routine along with the Self workout, which is definately here to stay! However, because of my soreness I definately was not up for an intense workout (i think it may take a few times to get used to this strength routine!)- so I went for a 30 minute run/walk (I only walked 3 minutes in total, the rest was running) which definately stretched out my legs, and felt quite good!

After I got back I realized how hungry I was! I spent the morning packing for moving (1 week from Monday!!) and didn't have a snack (my Go Lean held me, as usual!)- so I was ready for lunch at 11:30. For lunch I reached for my trusty egg whites again; I used 1/3 cup of eggwhites, 1 slice reduced fat provolone, some mushrooms sauteed in cooking spray and a few sliced olives to make a delicious omelet! I couldn't get over how tasty this combo was. On the side I had the last mini ciabatta roll with a bit of earth balance (maybe 3/4 tsp?) and some juicy red grapes. PERFECT trio! Tasty, filling, and nutrients galore!!

After lunch, I made a big batch of lentils & pilaf, for dinner today and lunch tomorrow at work. It was so easy to simmer the lentils on the stove (I used 1/2 cup with a bit of garlic, cayenne and chili powder in there for spice!), and I popped one Kashi Pilaf pack in the micro for a minute, mixed them together and viola! Two perfectly portioned high protein-fiber packed entrees that are quick to reheat at work!
The ingredients:

Dinner tonight is one portion of lentils/pilaf I packed with a bit of sriracha hot sauce (Jenna from Eat, Live, Run gave me the idea of trying the lentils with hot sauce... I LOVE sriracha, so I'm excited to try it!), a few sliced peppers and a fresh tomato from the garden for some veggies.

I also packed a coconut cream pie larabar for a snack mid-afternoon. I can't wait to try this one- but after trying the PB cookie bar, I really don't think larabar can top that! I'm sure it will still be good, I LOVE coconut!


I'm off to get ready, and head to find a school bag before work!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The Coconut Cream Pie flavor Larabar is good, but NOTHING can beat my #1 favorite (PB Cookie)!! :0)