Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sweet & Spicy

Today turned out to be quite the enjoyable afternoon! After lunch, I went out to look for a bag for school, and sure enough I found exactly what I was looking for! A tote, sturdy enough to hold my books, big enough to fit all my junk, comfortable and cute! The one I ended up with was Vera Bradley, Puccini Print- which I think is incredibly appropriate with my recent return from Italy and all! I love the look of it as well, I'm a big print fan and this one is funky and the colors remind me of fall! I also gwhot a cute little bag to hold my cell phone in as well.

After finding a bag so quickly, I had a ton of time left to kill before work. So, I decided I'd do one of my favorite sunny summer day activities, which I have yet to do this summer; sit outside Starbucks with my favorite drink and read a great book! I just started Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper, which I am getting really into- so I sat down with it and my drink and had a great hour or so of reading time! My favorite drink, the Caramel Macchiato, is definately not the healthiest- but I ordered a tall nonfat sugar free one, to make it a bit less indulgent. It hit the spot!

A couple hours later at work I had the Coconut Cream Pie Larabar- YUM! Definately my new second fave (PB cookie is still first, yes). But WOW I love coconut, and you could definately taste the coconut in this bar which I enjoyed fully! It held me over until I had my dinner- the lentils&pilaf were delicious, especially with the addition of Sriracha sauce. My mouth was on FIRE and I loved it!

It held me over, but later this evening when I got home I was craving something sweet and creamy... and nothing says creamy to me like greek yogurt so I had a strawberry flavored chobani which was perfect! I don't normally eat sweetened yogurts, but I LOVE these chobanis- they're great as a treat!

Night all, I work all day tomorrow so I'll try and post when I can!

4 comments:

Emily said...

i loved my sister's keeper! picoult does such a good job of researching her topics for her books. and i wish i could find those larabars where i live!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad you liked the Coconut Cream Pie Larabar!! But yes, NOTHING is better than the PB Cookie one, for sure :0)

Anonymous said...

I tried the PB cookie larabar for the first time today and it is definitely a winner! I bought the coconut cream pie one to and I can't wait to try it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm that fruity chobani looks great- I def. need to try.