Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, August 15, 2008

Full afternoon

This afternoon flew by; I went for a 20 minute run around the neighborhood, followed by a couple minutes of sprints, and came back inside for some arm exercises afterwards, then finished with 5 minutes on the treadmill walking to cool down.
After I showered, my mom and I headed out to the grocery store; where I got some groceries for next week. Just the basics- sprouted grain bread, fruit, veggies, cottage cheese, tuna, and my favorite discovery- Chobani Greek Yogurts for only $1 each! I bought 4 I was so excited!

On the way home I had a plum for a snack, and I nibbled on a couple of gourmet olives from the fridge while I prepared dinner.

Dinner tonight was absolutely fantastic! After seeing Jenna's Chicken Enchilada recipe, I knew I HAD to try it! I've never made enchiladas before, and these were so simple, and the ingredients came together fabulously, I couldn't get enough! (I followed the recipe, but subbed quorn cutlets for chicken breast!) I also steamed some cauliflower on the side (we split a whole head between the three of us!) and I had a bit of leftover sour cream/salsa mix on the side to dip.


Just spicy enough, filling and easy? This is DEFINATELY going in the recipe book! Thanks Jenna!

Tonight I'm relaxing with my mom, watching a movie- I'm still tired from not getting much sleep this week, so I'm resting up... tomorrow my best guy friend is taking me SHOPPING!! We're going to the Wrentham Outlets in Mass, which is a ways away, but worth the drive- the deals are GREAT and I'm looking forward to sales at Gap, J Crew, Ralph Lauren... (I'm such a New England prep by heart. The other day my friend told me my style was "classy hippy" because I love mixing vintage pieces, flowy floral tops, and tailored jeans and button downs just as much in my wardrobe!)

Can you tell I love to shop? He's even letting me stop by Whole Foods for lunch, and we're going to dinner somewhere in the area afterwards. So I'll be out, but I'll blog as soon as I get back!

Regarding the blogger meet-up at Candle- I am sooo glad so many of you have an interest in coming to NYC! I think a weekend day/evening would be best for me. What days are best for you??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a weekend night would be perfect! I'm basically free whenever though. :)

Melissa said...

I am pretty flexible. The only weekend I can't do is the 30,31st.

Anon said...

i LOVE WRENTHAM!!!! the day after thanksgiving it opens at midnight and i always go with my friends. the highway is jam packed - madness! ive seen those enchiladas on a few blogs now... i gotta eat them!