Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Late lunch, growling tummy!

Since I ate breakfast so late this morning I skipped my snack and I spent the morning in the kitchen, making a version of my Fiesta Black Bean/Corn salad for my uncle's party tonight, and helping my mom out with her mediterranean pasta salad, before preparing my lunch.

For lunch I made myself a usually very filling egg sandwich, with 1/3 cup (equal to 2 large eggs) egg whites, some reduced fat mozzarella and ketchup on 2 slices of toasted sprouted grain bread. On the side I had some carrots, and when I wasn't hungry when I had finished these, I had a white peach as well.


I was about to head out for a run just an hour and a half later, and I felt my stomach growling! This is very unusual, because usually the protein/fiber combo in the grains, eggs, cheese and produce keeps me full for at LEAST 2.5-3 hours... I guess I'm extra hungry today, even though I haven't been doing much! So I had a snack- a mini clif crunchy peanut buttter bar, and I'll be off for my run in a bit!

I hope I'm not TOO hungry tonight on the boat- it's a buffet, that can be dangerous for a foodie like me- so many choices!!

No comments: