Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pleasing protein

Last night, as I was reading a bit before bed, I couldn't help myself from digging into my box of veggie chips... my stomach was growling, even though I had my apple and little pieces of chocolate! These weren't cravings, they were legitimate hunger pangs! I had a couple small handfuls before feeling satisfied enough to call it a night.

This morning I woke up hungry as usual, but luckily not starving like last night! I had a big bowl of protein oats, 1/2 cup oats made with a 1 cup water, 1 tbsp PB, a big banana and 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese.

Mmmm... creamy, satisfying and delicious! I LOVE the balance of fiber & protein in the morning, that combo keeps me full for hours!

It is gross and rainy outside, so no outdoor exercise for me today; I think I'll be popping in my power yoga DVD in a bit for some exercise before heading out to grocery store hop and get some of my favorite kitchen supplies for my new kitchen! Two days, I am SO excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum, protein oats are the best start to the day!