Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A reason to celebrate

For everyone who knows me, I always find a reason to celebrate. I love little celebrations; whether it's a good grade, a success at work, a breakup, a get-back-together, a spot on the team, silly anniversaries and the like...I love making usually exciting, but generally miniscule promotions special! So tonight, to celebrate my sister's making the volleyball team, my mom and I went up the street to Brickleys, where we treated ourselves to frozen yogurt and surprised Alison to her favorite- lemon sherbet with rainbow sprinkles! She was very excited, it was a great celebratory moment! I'm sure she'll do awesome on the team!

For my treat, I got a small of two of my favorites; coffee heath bar and black raspberry chip, with chocolate sprinkles of course! It was deeelicious, and at least a little lighter than ice cream! A nice treat for sure.

Of course tomorrow I'll be back to my healthy eating... so many treats lately, and I'm definately not seeing any lessening of my little "pasta belly" from Italy... I'm eating healthy and exercising, I think it's the treats that are preventing me from seeing the toning! But it is the end of the summer, so a few treats are necessary, and I'm sure I will be right back in my everyday healthy ways once my routine of school starts up again =)

Buona Notte!

4 comments:

Anon said...

i always eat way better once i'm in a routine too, especially during school. summer can be crazy. i totally love celebrations too though. tell your sis i say congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

yummy way to end the weekend/begin the work week! you sound like you are definitely getting back to your routine and you've got a great, healthy outlook...don't sweat a "problem area" just be patient and enjoy your healthy ways with treats in between! ;)

Melissa said...

Lif should be celebrated! It makes me sad that French woman associate great food with celebration, and American woman associate great food with guilt.

It looks like you have the right attitude.

Have a great night.

Anonymous said...

treats for the end of summer? Most definitely!!!