Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Poached perfection

After a long day at work, the last thing I wanted tonight was to spend a long time on dinner. I love cooking; but after 7 hours of work? Something quick and easy was definately needed. So, I reached for my favorite quick&easy nutrient-packed dinner, poached eggs on toast!

I was so proud of these eggs; I just used a tad bit of vinegar, got the water simmering, and after four minutes I had two perfect little poached eggies- just the way I like it, a little gelly, but not too runny, with salt and pepper. I served them hot on two pieces of Ezekiel toast, with a salad of spinach, tomato, mushrooms, capers and 1/2 tbsp goddess dressing. It was done in 15 minutes flat, and as satisfying as can be!


I ate all my food today; I just saved the grapes until the ride home to munch on. Every meal and snack held me over well, which I LOVE when I'm at work- nothing is worse than being hungry and cranky having to deal with customers! Especially today; we had some crazy ones!! But I'm all done now, ready to relax on my Sunday night. I might read a bit, maybe even watch a movie... I love to just hang out at home, I'm such an old lady!

I do have plans for my celebratory frozen yogurt with my mom & sis later, because MY SISTER MADE THE HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL TEAM! I'm so proud of her!

Congrats Ali, you'll do great this season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum, poached eggs are always a winner in my book- no matter what meal :)

have fun!

(hk @ eatnrun.wordpress.com)