Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Carrots and Apples

So the consensus is... our favorite vegetables are carrots and apples!
tee hee...
Today was quite the fun day!
In the morning I spent the day with my mom's preschool class. They're two and three year olds, so our discussion on nutrition was basic, but they were adorable, so it really didn't matter. I hear I play a mean duck duck goose... ;)
At snacktime, I had what the kids were having- some raw veggies in a cup, and a handful of my own raw almonds.

At lunchtime, I hopped over to one of my favorite coffee shops nearby to grab my mom and I Mediterranean Salad Wraps. They had lettuce, carrots, cucumber, black olives, roasted red pepper, hummus and dressing in a wheat wrap. Plus a pickle slice, and I was satisfied for hours! Yum! I also had a small Pumpkin Spice iced coffee with a splash of nonfat milk for creaminess.


Class was interesting; in Kinesiology I learned how to take blood pressure, and got mine taken- 116/70, which is pretty much normal! After class I snacked on a Kashi bar to hold me over.

It worked; but only for a few hours! I wasn't meeting my friend until 7, so I immediately grabbed a light cheese stick when I got home to settle my growling tummy!

For dinner, we stopped at a great little Italian pizza/pastry shop near the movie theatre. I wanted a spinach pie, but they didn't have any regular sized ones, so I settled on a small one, and tried a slice of their white pizza strips, which was AMAZING! I can't believe I have never tried these, they are fantastic! Fresh dough, dressed in olive oil, parmesan, garlic and a whole bunch of slices... baked until fluffy, tasty perfection. Mmm... this meal was a bit grain-heavy, but I did get some iron in with the spinach! Totally worth it =)

I am SO glad it's Tuesday night. I'm getting some rest tonight, I'm exhausted. Tomorrow it's back to work!

No comments: