Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, September 29, 2008

Manic Monday

Since it's already 5:45 p.m. Monday and I haven't posted since lunch on Sunday, I decided a quick post from the University Library was in order while I wait for my classmates to get here before I complete the last part of my long day here on campus- my writing group meeting.

Yesterday afternoon I headed to work around 2:30, and snacked on a Chocolate Cashew Blanace Pure bar to hold me until dinner.

I spent the afternoon studying, and making a big batch of Jenna's delicious Chunky Lentil soup. I took one portion to work, saved one for a friend, saved one for later in the week and froze the other two! It was delicious! Filling and just spicy enough with the hint of cayenne and chili powder. On the side of my soup (really it was a stew!) I had some whole wheat crackers and a light cheese stick.

After work, I planned on meeting up with Nick for gelato, and much to my surprise when I got out of work, Danielle, Laura, Catherine, Bill and Don were all outside waiting for me! They had no idea I was meeting Nick, I think he was a bit confused... but I ended up saying hi to everyone before we headed to the Podhead. I had a delicious new flavor- Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and he had strawberry lemon sorbetto. (I tried a bite- yum!) We shared a regular size because it's so huge and I wasn't in the mood for that much gelato.

I slept well that night, I still sound horrible but I am feeling 150% better!!
I woke up bright and early to pack my lunch and hike to the gym, in the rain again. I had a great workout- 30 minutes on the elliptical doing light hills, and 10 minutes fast on the bike. Then I spent about 20 minutes doing trcieps, biceps and lats. I felt so awesome afterwards! I'm so glad I'm back to normal. All I needed was a bit Vitamin C and a whole lot of sleep to cure me!

For my packed breakfast I had a granola to go, a 0% plain chobani and a banana.

My snacks today were 1/2 a pb clif bar pre-workout, and a Pure Protein bar for the afternoon.

Lunch was really yummy! I made a tuna wrap using a 3-oz pouch of tuna mixed with 1 tbsp nayonaisse, 1 tsp dijon mustard, a squirt of lemon juice and about 1 tbsp black olives withs some spinach in a whole wheat wrap. On the side I had some carrot sticks and an apple. This held me over all afternoon, until I had my bar right before lab.

For dinner tonight I was "forced" to eat on campus, because I have no place to heat up food and I really wasn't in the mood for a pb&j for dinner. So, I went to my favorite place on campus- anyone remember? International Pockets! I got the baked falafel pocket with medium hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickles, cucumbers, onions, tabbouleh, banana peppers, hummus and a bit of feta. I ate every laste bite, and the tiny piece of honey-drenched baklava they gave me on the house! Mmmm mmm, how I love my middle eastern food! This should hold me over all night!


I'm hoping not to get out of here too late... I still have work to do, and I would like to see both the boy and the best friend tonight... we'll see how long this meeting goes.

And for dessert... back at home, my stomach started growling- so I had my fave healthy wram dessert- a poached pear of course!

Night all!

No comments: