Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Natural way

Sooo this morning I woke up with a sore throat... and I thought, well, it's fall, maybe it's just allergies... nope, I don't think so this time. It has been bothering me ALL DAY... so I knew I had to do something about it. I had a few Coldcalm tablets left, but made sure to stop at Food for Thought on my way home to pick up some more, along with some all natural cough drops and some So Delicious non-dairy ice cream made with coconut milk to soothe my achy throat.

This morning wasn't too bad, I was in serious need of coffee so I stopped by the cart at the library and picked up a small dark roast with a splash of soymilk. During class I snacked on an apple I had packed, and after classes I settled down in the Emporium to do some reading and eat my lunch- leftover Mediterranean shrimp primavera. Mmm mmm, this was just as good as it was a couple nights ago!

After doing some grocery shopping and picking out a new URI sweatshirt (my old ones are far beyond worn, and it's getting chilly on campus- I need my Rhody pride!!) I'm back at home now, to try and get some work done in the afternoon so I can relax this evening.

1 comment:

HangryPants said...

Hope you feel better. Thanks for the tip about where to find natural meds!