Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rainy Tuesday

Whew! Today quite a day. I got a lot done in what seemed like a short period of time, but by the time I sat down at the end of the night I was exhausted!!!

This morning, I did some Anatomy reading and the weather seemed o.k, so I had a snack- a mini chocolate chip larabar, and headed out for a great 25 minute run.

When I got back I did 15 minutes of ab work, and then I made myself lunch. Lunch was a HUGE salad, complete with spinach, 1/2 a tomato, chunk light tuna, corn and a bit of feta cheese, dressed with s&p, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. On the side I had a big nectarine. This was the perfect lunch- veggie and protein filled, fresh and tasty!

A while later before I was leaving I got a bit hungry, so I snacked on a baggie of grapes on the way to school. After my class I was hungry again so I had my packed snack; a Kashi Oatmeal Walnut bar.

I really liked this flavor!
After all my classes were over, I was starving, so I came home, and put together an easy but balanced meal for dinner! I quickly pan-fried some garlic onion tofu (1/2 a block) in about a tsp of oil, and had some steamed broccoli and a sweet potato with smart balance on the side. I also had a couple sips of wine from Italy!

It was the perfect way to end my day. I still have a little work to do, but not too much which I'm happy about because I didn't get as much sleep as planned last night and I still need my rest!

No comments: