Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Accomplished

I got a LOT done yesterday, which I was very happy about! I got all my reading done for both classes, plus some studying for Nutrition and Anatomy.

I didn't need another snack after I had the puffins, so I ate an early dinner instead. I made myself a delicious fritatta using 2 eggwhites, 1 egg, spinach, tomato, sauteed & seasoned onions/mushrooms (it's a frozen blend), and a sprinkle of mozarella cheese. Yum! I love how easy and satisfying this dish is. And you only need one pan! On the side I had two morningstar vegetarian sausages for some more protein!

After dinner I did a bunch of work, did the dishes, cleaned up a bit, I decided it was time for some rest so I spent the rest of the evening louging and reading. While I was reading I got hungry again, so I snacked on a big red anjou pear (my favorite kind!), that was perfectly ripe. I was still craving something sweet though, so I went for 1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani while reading about Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies in Cooking Light, which I think I just might have to try!

This morning I woke up very well rested. I immediately made myself a delicious filling breakfast of 3/4 cup ezekiel with 3/4 cup vanilla hemp milk, as well as a big banana and a few extra raisins- I love the chew they give it!

I did a bit of studying, and went for a run mid-morning- I ran 3 miles, and then came back inside and did about 15 minutes of ab workouts.
I was super hungry at this point, so I made myself a huge salad for lunch. I started with a big handful of baby spinach, and added a few chopped roasted red peppers, sliced black olives, a few pieces of onion, 1/4 tomato and 1/2 cup chickpeas, all drizzled with about a tablespoon of Goddess Dressing. I also had a 0% plain Chobani with a dash of cinnamon and a few baby carrots. All the veggies in this dish gave me a healthy dose of phytochemicals, and all the protein from the Chobani and the chickpeas filled me right up! I love my nutrients!

Right now I'm doing some last minute online research before I head over to school. For a snack I packed one of my pumpkin muffins and a small apple. For dinner tonight we're doing takeout- sushi, my favorite!

Pics will be up soon, thanks for understanding!

No comments: