Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, October 13, 2008

Day well spent

Wow, was today a busy day!
Right after breakfast I headed to the gym, where I spent an hour doing some cardio and weights. I did 30 minutes of hills on the elliptical, followed by 30 minutes of arm exercises- triceps, biceps and lats. After I finished and showered, I snacked on an apple in the car and stopped at Starbucks to grab a tall coffee with a splash of soymilk before meeting my dad.

I met up with my dad mid-morning and we headed up to the costume store in Providence where he helped me find a fun costume for the parties I'm going to. I ended up deciding on a German beer girl costume... in honor of my love of Europe, and beer of course! I have a cute dress, stockings and a big beer mug I'll carry around (and drink diet soda out of, of course!)

Afterwards we stopped across the street to have lunch at the hip cafe Tazza. Our lunch was fabulous! Simple, and very tasty. I ordered the spinach&portabello with herbed goat cheese panino, with a side salad dressed in a balsamic viniagrette. Yum! I ate 3/4 of the salad and all of the panino except for a bit of crust.
We shopped around a bit more and had a lot of fun just hanging out.

Eventually I headed back home and had a snack- a pomegranate blueberry-flavored Rachel's yogurt, which was DELICIOUS- I think it's my favorite flavor! I also had a few cinnamon soy crisps while baking, for some reason the yogurt didn't fill me up.


Speaking of baking, I had a wonderful afternoon of food today- I baked a batch of the Happy Herbivore's Apple Crisp Muffins, my faaaaavorite muffins of all time! I licked a bit of batter but haven't tried one yet- my roommate did and he definately approved! I might have one for dessert later on tonight.

Anyways, after baking I set out to make dinner- a big batch of Turkey Chili, my own recipe which I will post in a recipe post soon! This was an easy, healthy, delicious recipe that tasted fantastic and made 5 servings- enough for 2 boy servings, 1 Kristin serving, 1 to freeze and one for a dinner later this week! Along with my serving of chili topped with a sprinkle of reduced fat mexican cheese, I had a piece of warmed multigrain roll. I am still stuffed and it was a few hours ago, gotta love that protein!!

I PROMISE pictures will be up tomorrow night!!! I'm so sorry for the delay, I think the kinks should be worked out soon!
Back to watching Heroes, my new TV addiction!

No comments: