Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Family fun

Today was quite the jam-packed day of family fun!
This morning I started my day with exercise as usual (don't you love routine?)- I didn't go to my parents' house, this weekend so I settled on what I thought would be a nice, long run around my neighborhood here in the south end. Well, it was a nice run- and I did run 1/2 mile farther than usual. However, somehow I must have been feeling ambitious, or it was really, really cold which made me speed it- because I only ran 26 minutes- 1 minute longer than usual during the week! I don't know how I did it, but it was a great way to start my Saturday nonetheless.
After running and showering I set out for a couple quick errands before the game. While running around my stomach began to growl so I took a pitstop at Starbucks for a tall nonfat sf vanilla latte for some satisfying protein- not to mention a nice, warm treat!

This held me all morning until I stopped at Bagelz for lunch. I knew there was going to be tailgate food (hotdogs, hamburgers, chips) at the event we were going to before the game, so I decided to grab lunch- I'm not a red (slash mysterious...) meat eater. I had a veggie bagel sandwich which had lettuce, tomato, pepper, cucumber and onion with a slice of provolone cheese and honey mustard melted on a freshly made whole wheat bagel. These are seriously the BEST bagels around, the made them fresh every day!!

I ate the bagel and the pickle, as well as a couple bites of party potato salad.
The game was ok, I love going to the homecoming games, but this year URI just wasn't on target... we left early and they weren't looking too great. It was nice to go and spend time with my grandpa anyway!

On the way home I stopped at the store for some groceries. In an effort to save some money (because I am verrrry low in the bank nowadays with 1/2 a job!) I cut some coupons, and scored a whole bunch of savings! All this only cost me $23.70!!

Produce:

Deli meats (all natural honey ham and turkey breast), yogurts (vanilla chobani and rachel's), sargento reduced fat cheddar:

I also grabbed a couple pure protein bars I forgot to add!

Back at home I was starting to get hungry, so I snacked on about 1/2 cup vanilla chobani along with a fresh nectarine to hold me until dinner.

I had planned on having a pizza/movie night with Eric, but we had a change of plans when his parents invited the both of us out with them to their Anniversary dinner, which was super nice! We went to this nice little family pub, and I had a great time talking and laughing with his family. BUT, I don't have pictures- unfortunately because this was my first time meeting his famiy and I thought whipping out my camera before I tasted my food would have been a bit awkward. I'll try and be descriptive!
I started with a basic garden salad- lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives- with a small drizzle (a couple tsp) of raspberry viniagrette. There was a LOT of fatty, meaty options, so I wasn't sure what to order- I would have ordered fish, but all of the options seemed quite expensive, so I stuck to an old favorite I had as a kid- Chicken Parmigiana. It was made perfectly, just like Italy, with home made sauce and lots of provolone cheese. I ate 1/2 the portion of pasta and about 1/3 of the linguine in sauce. I took the rest home, but I'm not sure if I'll eat it- here's what was left:


Eric's Dad insisted we get dessert, so Eric and I chose to share the chocolate chip nut pie with vanilla ice cream. WOW was this good! Basically a huge, soft, warm cookie! I ate most of the small piece of pie and a couple bites ice cream, Eric devoured the crust and the rest of the cool half. I definately indulged tonight, but it was a special occasion and I felt very good about eating until I was no longer hungry, and then stopping. I'm full, but I don't feel over full in any way- which is a huge accomplishment for me eating out!!

Now I'm tired, but I still have a lot of work to do so I think I'll try and get some reading done before bed. I have to work tomorrow morning, so posts will come in the evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you don't want that pasta, I'll eat it! haha.

Sounds like a fun day/dinner.