Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A melt made in heaven

Mmm, mmm I just finished a deeelicious dinner that took me less than 10 minutes to make! But more on that later =)

Today I woke up at the crack of dawn, well... almost. I slept in a bit and ended up being late for my run and only got 20 minutes in. Ah, well it was a good run and I was on my feet all morning anyways. Before I headed out I sampled my batch of HH's Apple Crisp Muffins, and ohmigosh, they were just as good, if not better than the last time I made them! The perfect pre-run snack.

Back after my run I made myself the last smoothie I'll be making for a while- I'm out of frozen berries and protein powder! This morning I used 1/2 cup frozen berries, a packet of Jay Robb Vanilla Protein powder (yummy but I prefer chocolate!) as well as 1 cup nonfat soymilk and a big banana. For a mid-morning snack at work I took the other half of my apple muffin. Yum again!

For lunch I packed my fave sammie- organic turkey, garlic&herb light laughing cow, bread/butter pickles, and spinach on honey flax bread. With a HUGE nectarine, it was just enough to hold me through the afternoon.

Classes went well, I snacked on a vanilla chobani in the afternoon, but before I knew it I was on my way home and STARVING... I knew I didn't want to spend time cooking, I wanted food ASAP...

Soo, I concocted a simple and tasty Tuna Melt using all stuff I had in my freezer, fridge and pantry! I started by mixing 1 can light tuna packed in water with 1 tbsp nayonanaisse, a dollop of djion mustard, a squirt of lemon juice and mixed in 1/2 a chopped tomato and about 2 tbsp black olive slices. I put this on top of a defrosted Ezekiel english muffin and topped each half with 1/2 slice of reduced fat provolone, let it get all hot and melty in the toaster oven for a few minutes and presto! Toasty, delicious and very satisfying. I had some carrots on the side for some extra veg-power and my tummy is nice and happy now =)

This week is a good one because it's short, but I am super busy-- every day I have a list of things I have to do, places I have to be... its crazy!
Right after this post I'm heading up north in town to my cousins' house, because it's my Uncle's birthday (Happy Birthday Uncle Bobby!) just to say hi and have a bite of cake, because thats about all I have time for tonight- I'm busy, busy!

I'll be back tomorrow with some cake pics and good eats!

No comments: