Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, November 10, 2008

Egged-out.

Ok. I spoke too soon...
The egg research I found was interesting. But getting there was not so fun. An hour last night searching, and another 1.5 hours hilighting, annotating and taking notes on research studies and journal articles... BOOOORING! hehe... I guess I'm not really one for scholarly articles for pleasure reading.
Ah, well- the work is done and I'm ready to start my project!

Today was a successful day in many ways!
Last night wasn't the greatest, I was in a bit of a bad mood and even the Plum Honey Lavendar "Calming" Rachel's yogurt I ate didn't cure my rotten disposition... but the boy calmed me down (finally... and really, Nick if you're reading this, I SWEAR you calmed me down!) I ended up sleeping pretty well and woke up rested to start my day.

Breakfast was boring, as was lunch- so I'll just give you the quick rundown.
1/2 clif bar before workout- 30 minutes of the elliptical and 30 intense minutes of arm work. I felt GREAT afterwards!
I had my breakfast in the car- 0% chobani (I ate this when I was stopped!), banana, 1 cup Quaker Oat squares.

Lunch was great for me... probably not so exciting for you. Turkey sammie with my fave Applewood farms Smoked Organic Turkey Breast (nothing beats this kind!!), a light laughing cow, bread/butter pickles and spinach on an Arnold's sandwich thin. A deliciously crunchy apple and carrots on the side.

I did some anatomy work at the library, chose my classes for next semester, and did some reading before doing some errands for work, and paying some bills- all before 3pm!

When I got home, I made my snack and settled in with my eggy reading. My snack for today was extra delicious, thanks to the addition of the lovely pomegranate arils I extracted the other night! I topped 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with some of the tasty red jewels and enjoyed them while reading about the benefits of the antioxidants luetin and zeaxanthan (carotenoids from Vitamin A) on eye health, that are ONLY in the YOLKS of eggs- don't eat all whites, girls- the yolks are GOOD FOR YA!

Now I'm relaxing for a few after my exhausting research bout, and I'm about to make an early dinner- it's my twin cousins' birthday tonight and I heard there will be not one, but TWO cakes I just might have to sample... ;)
And then Heroes is at 9, so I have to be home for that!

I'll post later on with dinner and my birthday treats for the night!

No comments: