Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fun Friday

Wow, was yesterday a full day!
Sorry for the lack of post, I was up at 6:45, and didn't stop for long until 11:45 at night!

I woke up bright and early for the gym as usual! I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of arm strength training. For my morning fuel I snacked on 1/2 the clif bar shown before the gym, and after I ate the last apple crisp muffin along with a banana and a 0% chobani for my "on the go" breakfast.

Lunch was my new faaaavorite turkey sammie- 2 slices organic smoked turkey breast, 1 light laughing cow, 1 tbsp garlic hummus, and spinach on a sandwich thin. On the side I had carrots and a pear.

Classes went well and I got some work done in the afternoon before running a couple errands. I stopped by work to get my check and grabbed a pure protein bar there because I was hungry! It held me through a grocery shop in the afternoon...I was able to only spend $30 this week on groceries!! I just got the basics, plus a cool find:

Produce-

Soy milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, laughing cow, and... GNOCCHI!! It's fresh frozen gnocchi from a local Italian pasta maker! I'm so excited to have this!!

Nick and I decided we should do something fun on a friday night instead of being lazy bums and sitting at home, so we decided to go out to dinner an a movie! I have officially decided I have the coolest boyfriend ever. Because while most of my guy friends gag when I even mention sushi, he suggested it. OF COURSE I said "yes!!" So what started out as a "cheap date" turned into a pretty extravagant dinner... both of us are huge sushi fans so we ended up ordering a lot... and racking up a $57 bill!! Whew! It was well worth it though =)

I started off with a basic salad with their fabulous house dressing:

I ate about 3/4 of the salad, and then dug into steamed gyoza (pork dumplings):

Never thought I was a big fan of pork, but these were good... so I had 1 more- 3 altogether!
We ordered a couple rolls and a bunch of nigiri (which apparently, I do not say right...) as well as a special maki- the Dragon roll!

Can you see the eyes and the tail? I got to eat the head =)
Heres the rest:

My portion was 2 sweet shrimp nigri, 2 pieces salmon/avocado roll and 3 pieces of the dragon maki because it was sooo good! It was shrimp tempura wrapped in tuna with tobiko on top! Yum!

I was stuffed, but in a good way. It was a fantastic dinner, and then we headed across the parking lot (how convenient is it one of my fave sushi places is across the parking lot from a movie theatre?!?!) to go see Role Models with Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd. If you're into that kind of humor, it was really funny. A bit ridiculous, but I got some good laughs out of it!

We were both tired when we got back home (not too late, we were only out until 10!) and I ended up going to bed fairly early- but I had a fun friday night, so that was all that mattered!

This morning I woke up to the pitter-patter of rain on my house... I guess there won't be any outside running for me today! I had a waffle-wich to fuel my morning- two Nature's Path Flax Plus waffles, 1 tbsp each PB and raspberry preserves and a big banana.

Now I'm sipping on some English breakfast tea, before I head over to the parents' house a little later and use their treadmill and do some laundry! I'll post later on!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great grocery haul and meals!!

Raining here as well :-( Enjoy your Saturday anyhow! :-)

Anonymous said...

hope u have a great weekend despite the rain!

Anonymous said...

Love the grocery pics!

Gnocchi is one of the best pasta dishes ever

HangryPants said...

I love the products from gem raviloi! Enjoy the gnocci.