Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, November 24, 2008

Smell of success

My house smelled fantastic with the wafting of this baby on the stove:

Kristin's home made turkey chili, try 2! I made this one a bit spicy, but Nick and I both agreed we liked the spiciness of the first one better! I made a couple changes to the recipe, including corn and a thicker base- that I'll post soon!
I had a big bowl of it along with a piece of a multigrain loaf smeared with some smart balance. Delicious! My recipe made 5.5 HUGE bowfuls, so I have some in the freezer right now for speedy meals next week!

I got lots done this afternoon- some studying, I finished both my writing and Kinesiology, did some thanksgiving planning and had an overall productive day, I love that!

I had a snack around 3 while I was making the chili- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese along with some fresh berries.

I still felt hungry though, so I had a handful of nuts and this was just enough to hold me the afternoon!

Since I got so much done I can veg on the couch and hang out until Heroes comes on!!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, chili!!

Enjoy your evening!!

Anonymous said...

Chili is such a great winter food!

Hope you had a great night!