Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, November 21, 2008

Playing around

I'm having a lot of fun here in the Woodward Computer Lab!!
For my Computer Applications in Nutrition class, we were assigned to analyze a recipe using one of the nutrition programs we used. Well, I decided to use one of my own recipes and see how it measured up!
Kristin's home made turkey chili (try 1; 5 servings)-
Calories: 353 (awesome for chili!)
Total Fat: 9.2 grams (this is a bit inaccurate; its actually less because I used lean ground turkey and the program only had regular!
Saturated Fat: 2.4 grams (low!)
Protein: 29.2 grams!!

I got so excited after finding out the info on this recipe, I decided to enter my Maple Pumpkin Walnut Muffins and I was surprised to find they only contain 196 calories, 6.5 grams of (healthy!) fat each- NO saturated fat! Whoo! What a great recipe, better than I had estimated!

How cool is that? If I have time after I finish my work I'll try out some more!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow, seriously such a great recipe!