Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bam bam ba bam ba bam bam ba bam...

"I wanna be sedated...."

This:

(Tall skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte)

and a very loud car-karaoke session blasting my alltime favorite 70's punk band, The Ramones... (Another Dad pass-along love!)

was exactly what I needed to get through my afternoon.
With out them, I'm pretty sure I would have had a mental breakdown.
Ok, not so extreme... BUT I was pretty pissed when I left school.

It was a loooong day, and the last class of the day- the one I posted about right before taking it... is usually 20-45 minutes- yesterday it was 1 hour, 45 minutes. And it gets better. It was all analyzing statistics.
Yea. I don't think I could actually say I was ever bored to tears before, but yesterday I was so annoyed and anxious to get off of campus after 6 hours, I was literally ready to cry.

But enough of my sob story. Class ended, I ran to my car (yes, ran.) Cashed my check at the bank, grabbed a latte and immediately called Nick to vent... he actually didn't even understand me the first time I told him how much my day "sucked"... (I won't go into the profanities I used... Generally I'm a pretty eloquent speaker, but when I get tired and annoyed... you never know what might come out of my mouth!) because I was talking so fast. So after a couple "wait what?"s, I explained I was exhausted and really didn't want to make dinner.

Sooo he told me to come over to his place and he'd make me dinner! What a great guy =)
He made pan seared chicken in a bit of oil and his secret ingredient canadian beer (yea, even his beer is Canadian) with a whole bunch of seasonings, and he threw it on top of some rotini in a light alfredo sauce with some micro steamed veggies on the side. It was very tasty! The chicken was the star of the dish- I'm always cooking all the time, who knew he could cook? I may just have to "not feel like cooking" another time soon... ;)

I felt much better after dinner, a talk on the phone with my best friend and a couple sips of that beer... Then a bit later we headed out to his friend's party which was COLD as all get out but a lot of fun! So we were out pretty late, but I still woke up bright and early this morning!
I made exactly what I was craving this morning- two flaxplus waffles topped with 1/2 cup 1% whipped cottage cheese and a dollop of raspberry preserves on each one. MMm, hot, sweet and creamy!

I also had a very ripe banana that was luckily still not too squishy!

I have some serious end-of-week de-stressing shopping to do (Whole Foods and Victoria's Secret! Is it weird my favorite things to shop for are food and underwear?? hehe) before I hit the books and continue studying this evening! I'm spending the day with my mom and then back home, just because I can and I'm going to make my mom and sister dinner as well!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE The Ramones!! :-D

Glad you made it through your long class!!

Have fun shopping today!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!! I just started so I'm adding people...food and underwear- you definetely can't live without eitherso you might as well enjoy them, so shop it UP! :D