Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Treated and Stuffed

I was treated to a lovely dinner last night! We went out to a great Italian restaurant in town (because we all know I love Italian!) and had a fantastic meal! To start, we ordered a huge steaming bowl of mussels, which I dug right into! I probably had 10, with some olives, onions and tomatoes- they were piping hot, cooked just right and ohhhh so delish!

I also could not resist a piece of hot fresh foccacia with a tiny dip of red pepper spread.

Then I stopped myself, because I knew my dinner was on the way!
I didn't want to order anything too heavy, or splurge too much, so I resisted the gorgonzola sauce I was drooling over and went with the Tuscan Chicken Portabella. The menu describes it as "pan seared chicken tenders with sundried tomatoes, black olives, spinach and portabello mushrooms in roasted garlic wine sauce over penne". YUM! It did not disappoint! I loved every bite I had- which was a lot, I swear- but it looks like I hardly made a dent in the HUGE platter they gave me! I ate 1.5 of the pieces of chicken, a bunch of sundried tomatoes/other veggies, and some pasta and I was stuffed!
Before:

After:

We were both too full to even think about dessert (ok, I thought about the home made Tiramisu, but decided I would regret that decision) and ordered coffee to finish the night.
We went to try and rent a movie afterwards but I have some annoying late fees(!) at blockbuster so we settled on one at home instead. We watched the semi-new Adam Sandler movie Zohan, which was completely ridiculous but at least I got a few laughs. Overall it was a nice Friday night!

This morning I slept in til 7:45, and made myself a quick breakfast to start my day. For some odd reason, I didn't want oats (who am i??) so I decided on a cereal trio instead. This bowl had 1/2 cup oatmeal squares, 1/2 cup Kashi U, and 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Along with a big banana and 1 cup light soy milk. It was just filling enough!


Today my plans are basic; laundry, groceries, studying. Just a quiet Saturday in, not sure the evening's plans but honestly I'd love to just relax again!!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, such a fantastic feast!! Looove that foccacia.

Enjoy your Saturday!!