Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, December 26, 2008

"%^&$!"

Pretty close to the word I screamed when my arm slipped and the large glass bowl went flying to the floor and shattered while making a healthy alfredo sauce for dinner... whoops! Well, I saved dinner anyhow...
Whole wheat angel hair pasta with broccoli and roasted red peppers in a garlic parmesan sauce (make with broth, evoo, s&p, garlic and parm cheese)!

Seconds on veggies & protein:

Despite the drama, it was a good, flavorful meal!
Lets backtrack. Today was a great shopping day! We went to Borders where I picked up the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook, a book by Pat Conroy (favorite author!), a new workout diary and Women who Eat, which I'm super excited to read! Giftcards, gone!

Then we went to Wholefoods where I had a big salad topped with some salad bar toppings- a couple of pasta salads,some tuna, tofu and tempeh, and a couple of couscous salads (the spicy maple was fantastic!).

I also had a bite of my mom's vegan chick'n nugget and a small sample of cheese:

I got a few stock up items with my gift card- soy milk, ezekiel cereal, as well as a couple of fun items- a new BBQ sauce to try (365 Chipotle Citrus!), Bison medallions, and almond butter!

We also stopped at the Gap, where I picked up a new purse on sale for only $12!! It's so cute!!

Back home I snacked on an apple and light cheese stick:


I also had a small truffle from my mom's Sweenor's home made chocolate stash:

I've spent my afternoon reading and lounging, I think I'll probably spend the evening the same way! I work tomorrow early, so my post won't come until dinner. Until then, have a great Friday Night and Saturday!!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

YIKES!! Gotta be extra careful in the kitchen.

Hooray for Whole Foods!!!