Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, December 8, 2008

Brain dead

Well, not really. But I sure feel like it!
Today was a looooong day of studying... the kind of day that makes you want to curl up in a ball and cry over muscle origin, insertion and action... I get so frustrated with those!
Luckily, I've decided to pause my studying before the onset of tears and continue tomorrow!

This morning I woke up at the usual time and went along with the usual Monday a.m. routine of a pre-workout clif bar before my 1 hr gym session. Today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, but jacked the resistance up a couple notches and burned about 25 more calories than usual! Ok, not much but its an improvement! After my workout and shower I ate my fave on the go cereal/b'nana/chobani trio in the car.

Waiting for the bus was NOT fun today... I was sooo not the happy camper when I got to the library to get my coffee... I stayed cooped up inside for a while before braving the 23 degree chill on the way to Food Management.
My mood was heightened when I got my menu project back and got a 95! I also got a B on the last exam which is really good considering my prof's exams are probably the hardest in format I've taken so far (aside from Anatomy, that is!).

After Food Management we had our last Anatomy class, which involved some study tips and words of wisdom from my awesome professor. As hard as this semester has been, I've got to hand it to the guy- he is great with his students and has a really effective, motivating teaching style. Thanks, Prof Mazurkie!!

Then came lunch- eaten during my 4.5 hour study session. Yikes! Anatomy, Kinesiology, Writing, galore! Papers and notecards, charts and drawings.... I am pooped after so much work!
My lunch consisted of the usual turkey sammie- this one made with two slices honey whole wheat, a light laughing cow, 2 slices organic turkey, and spinach. On the side, carrots and an apple of course.

I had a couple cups of tea, a diet pepsi, two snack and a couple butterscotch candies during my study sesh:


Snacks-
a date...

and 1/2 cup 0% cottage cheese.

I know, how predictable am I?!?

Tonight for dinner I am very exciting, because Nick and I are going to a Crazy Holiday Bash at Crazy Burger!! It's an art/jewlery show and holiday food tasting all in one! All for only $10! I'm very exciting to try some of Crazy Burg's delish holiday creations, so that will be my food for the night! I'll take as many pics as I can and be back with a full recap after it's over!

No comments: