Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Going cookie crazy

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a full 24 hours since I last posted, I've had a LOT going on!!
I set out to make the PB Ginger cookies I love so much yesterday, then I realized the dough needed to chill for 3 hours before rolling and baking them. I only had a couple hours before I had to get ready for dinner, so I settled on my second favorite holiday cookie... Jumbles, aka the "everything" cookie. These things are sooo good- crispy on the edges, soft and squishy in the middle, chock full of pecans, amonds, chocolate chips and raisins. Not healthy, not one bit!

But sooo good! I had my fair share of dough... and one hot out of the oven!
I also snacked on a date and 1/2 cup 0% chobani in the afternoon.

Once I had whacked out 4 batches- equally 38 yummy cookies, and eaten my weight in dough, I got ready to go out to dinner with Nick. It turned out Danielle was working and couldn't eat with us, but we still got to chat and she ended up coming to the party with us so I got to see her after all!!

Dinner. was. FANTASTIC.
We started with oil drizzled bread...

Danielle "made" me get this delicious appetizer-it's pan seared greek cheese served piping hot with lemon juice sizzling on top! I thought it was delicious, Nick thought it was so-so but I loooove my cheeses, I ate about 1/4 of this.

For dinner I ordered something I loved as a child, and since it was a greek restaurant I knew chances were pretty good this was going to be tasty... I had a Grilled Lamb Sandwich. It had peppers and onions on it, as well as a side salad with house dressing (I just dipped a little bit.) I ate most of the sandwich and most of the salad, sooo good!

Back home before the party I had a cup of hot cocoa... and another 1/2 a cookie! Whoops! I went a little cookie-overboard I think!

The party was ok, I was glad I saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while... but there were a LOT of unfamiliar faces so it was a bit awkward. Oh, well- it was an excuse to wear my favorite bright red BCBG heels and go out!!

This morning I woke up, and I tiredly made myself a smoothie for breakfast:

I had a grande Starbucks coffee with a splash of skim milk in the morning, and I packed some food for the day- mixed nuts I ate mid-morning, my favorite Amy's black bean soup and some peppers for lunch. I snacked on the apple mid-afternoon.

I got home and still needed something, so I had the rest of the container of cottage cheese (about 1/2 cup) and the other half of my cookie from last night!

Now I'm about to study for a while... my stomach was still feeling 'empty'... so I went back for another 1/2 a cookie! Ok, enough of me being a cookie monster!

Time to review some food service... I'll be back later on with a delicious dinner post!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'D LIKE THOSE COOKIES, PLEASE!! :-)

Taylor said...

The cookies look great! I haven't made cookies from scratch in a long time. I usually buy the pre-made toll house cookies that you just put in the oven for about 15 minutes.
but they're so much better when you do make them from scratch! :D

i've never had greek food, but that looks dlish! <3