Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Treat

Happy Sunday everyone!
This Sunday was quite the treat for me, in many ways!

Last night before bed I settled in my room with a couple of leftover biscotti and a hot cup of tea.
In the morning, I woke up and had a fantastic yogurt/granola breakfast using 1/2 cup Nature's Path Pumpkin Granola, a container of 0% chobani, a big banana and a few dried cherries. Mmm!

After lounging & packing for a couple hours my mom and I headed to the gym, where we were planning on taking a yoga class, but it was canceled, so I decided to take my mom through my strength training routine (my first attempt at personal training!), because she's been looking for a good new routine to get strong in the new year! I did my leg routine- 2 sets of 10 reps with 12 lb weights doing standing splits and lunges, squats with a 30 lb barbell and 2 sets of 10 reps, shins and thighs on the leg press. I also did some ab work. It felt good!

After our workout, we headed to Markos where we started with spanakopita and kalamata olives... mmm, the best appetizer!

Then for my lunch I had my favorite baked falafel wrap, with lettuce, tomato, hummus, pickles and falafel.

We dropped off some stuff at my house, picked up some more movies at blockbuster and did a bit of grocery shopping. On the way home we stopped by my grandma's house, where she gave us her fantastic fruit cake she forgot to give us on Christmas! Of course I had to have a slice when I got home...
Actually, I went back for a second (this same size) and a juicy pear for my snack.


Dinner was the real treat of the day! I made Jenna's 'Second Mom' Betty's Fabulous Quiche for the fam, just making a couple simple changes using 1/2 broccoli, 1/2 spinach and using pancetta instead of canadian bacon for an italian twist. On the side I sliced us a huge cantelope to make the meal very french. I LOVED this quiche! The best I've had, for sure!

I couldn't stop at just one slice...I had a second sliver!

Still relaxing at the 'rents tonight, reading and movies. I know I sound boring, but really it's been very calming, and I'm very happy!

Not too happy that I have to work at 8am tomorrow morning... but oh well! I'll get a good night's rest and take the day on when it comes. Have a great Sunday evening!

*Pics up ASAP!*

Edited to add: Official last holiday treats- tomorrow starts my clean eating again! One chocolate covered oreo, and two little bliss chocolates. Gotta have my choco fix! 'Night!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So fun that you got to act as "personal trainer" for your mom; and hooray for delicious eats (falafel?? a true favorite of mine).

Good luck with work tomorrow!!