Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, January 16, 2009

Around and around

I can not describe how relieved I am to be back here sitting at my computer blogging.
Nick and I spent a bit too long hanging out and chatting this morning... he almost didn't have enough time to pack before we left!
I made a quick, filling lunch- one of my favorite combos- an egg white omelet made with 1/2 cup whites, 1 light laughing cow, 2 slices honey ham and ketchup to dip. On the side were parsnip slices and a macintosh apple.


We set off to the airport, and getting there was no problem- but getting home ended up being an issue because I totally missed the turn I was supposed to take, and ended up 30 minutes off track! Whoops! Luckily I had some help from my dad who knows the state like the back of his hand, and I found my way back to do some errands.

By the time I got to work to pick up my paycheck I was starving and had a major sweets craving, so I settled on a healthier version of a candy bar (for me!)- a chocolate peanut butter pure protein bar. Yum!


I got some great deals on groceries; saving almost $10 less than I intended to spend!
Here's the loot:


Cool stuff- Kozyshack no sugar added rice puddings (for desserts!), 0% Chobanis, Whipped cottage cheese, frozen berries and peas


Produce- grapes, bananas, grape tomatoes, a red onion, dates, snow peas, grapefruits, an organge, carrots and a red bell pepper


Other- Whole wheat Naan bread(!), dry lentils, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, nonfat soymilk, trailmix bars


I'm just heating up some leftovers for dinner and then heading to my friend's house.
I'll be back in the a.m.!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous grocery haul!!

Have fun with your friend!!