Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day with Mom

Happy Saturday all!
Hope your weekends are going well.
I slept in this morning, and had a nice breakfast before my usual cardio at the gym. 1 0% chobani topped with a banana, berries and a 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.

The gym was PACKED so I just did my 45 minutes and got out of there! 30 minutes on the treadmill, 5 walking, 10 sprinting, 10 running, 5 walking. Then 15 minutes on the stat bike.
Back home I showered and snacked on a light cheese stick to hold me until lunch.

Before going to my parents' house to meet up with my mom I stopped at Markos where I got us both heathy baked falafel wraps. Baked falafel, hummus, lettuce, tomato and pickles in a huge pita. Yum! I finished my whole thing, it was fantastic!

My mom and I had a wonderful day of shopping! I got some new workout clothes at Dick's, some new workout pants, bars (the new kashi bars!!) and a cute little plate at Target, and we headed to the best stop of all... TRADER JOES!!! I LOVED TRADER JOES!! I got a whole bunch of stuff, which will be appearing this week of course! My favorite purchase was these:

The mini peanut butter cups I have been lusting over in the blog world lately!!

My mom and I packed 15 each (just over 1/2 a serving) for a treat to sneak into the movie we're going to later!! At TJ's I snacked on some chips and guacamole... they were both so good I grabbed some to bring to the superbowl party I'm going to tomorrow!!


Since neither of us had a substantial snack, my mom and I were starving when we got home! We took the easy way out and tried a delicious frozen dinner from Trader Joe's. Gorgonzola chicken (with tomatoes and mushrooms!! yum!!)

and onion & leek foccacia. I had a big slice of foccacia and 1/2 the chicken (it served 2) along with some baby carrots for extra veggies.

Off to get ready for the movie- we're seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button!!

Edited to add: OR NOT! Unfortunately we're going to have to reschedule the movie (didn't realize it was almost 3 hours long!!) but we'll have a nice night anyways!

Instead, we decided to rent a movie and make little froyo sundaes with our mini pb cups!! I put mine (15) on top of 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt. Mmm!!

No comments: