Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's baaaack!!

Thanks to this lovely I found at Trader Joe's for only $11...

My smoothies are back! This is definitely not as good at the Jay Robb powder I'm used to, but a close second! I was so excited to make my fave smoothie for breakfast this morning- 1 cup frozen berries, 1 scoop choc pro powder, 1 cup nonfat soy and a big banana.

Mmm, fruity and delightful!

I'm posting this morning because I doubt I'll be posting later on today. I'm off to work in about 30 minutes, and then straight after work I'm coming home to put together chili cheese dip, and then off to Nick's friend's house to make a italian stromboli and a couple other snacks for the big game. I'm glad I have somewhere to go for the Superbowl this year- I love superbowl parties, even though New England isn't playing this year.

I know I'm not even making the healthiest treats (well, I'm bringing salsa, guac and chips so I'll try and stick with those!!) so I know tonight will be a bit of an indulgence (it's still the weekend!) so I packed some healthy fare for today so I don't feel too bad about indulging later on tonight.

Some almonds for mid-morning, a bowl of My Dad's lentil barley soup my mom sent home with me yesterday, some extra carrot slices on the side and some grapes for the afternoon.

Off to get ready for work and the game!


Who are you rooting for tonight?

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for the return of smoothies and for the lentil soup!! :-)

Happy Sunday!!

Olga said...

I think the Steelers? Now that I have a preference but Pittsburgh's closer to me =]


have a good time at the party!

Anonymous said...

STEELERS!!! WOOHOO!