Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Later is better

As I'm sure you've all picked up on, I'm very much a morning person.
I get up early almost every morning, have a snack and like to start my day with either a good breakfast or a good workout, and then the other following!
This morning I got off to a later start, which I thought would mess up my planned 'schedule' a bit... but it actually turned out to be a nice, relaxing morning! I think sometimes later is better.
I slept in, had 1/2 a clif bar and Nick came with me to the gym. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill and 25 on the elliptical for 332 calories blasted in 40 minutes. Exercising felt great, and having a big hearty breakfast afterwards felt even better!

I came home and started cooking up some center cut bacon- which has 1/2 the fat of regular bacon per serving! I had two pieces, along with my favorite style of egg-poached on a piece of Arnold's Natural 100% Whole Wheat Bread, toasted, with a bit of s&p. Nick made himself a breakfast sandwich, so I stole a small slice of colby jack cheese (i love cheese!) to have alongside, as well as about 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.
A balanced, delicious brunch!


Later on today we're heading up to Tar-jay (aka Target) for a few supplies and maybe Dick's for some new running pants before going out to dinner, which I'm soooo excited about! We're going to one of my favorites, anyone want to guess? =)

Off to relax some more before we head out!
I'm going to hate going to work tomorrow, having a few days off has been glorious!!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha I'm the EPITOME of an early bird/morning person - kudos to you for getting up later though!! My body's clock never sleeps past 7am.

Hooray for "Tar-jay"!! Have fun.