Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Using it up

Today was another easy day- it's definitely going to be a real shocker when I have places to go and things to do when I start school again next week!

This afternoon I snacked on 1/4 cup ezekiel cereal cooked with 1/2 cup nonfat soy milk.

Held me over perfectly until dinner. I used up the last bit of pork tenderloin (there were 2 loins in the package), and used a couple recipes to create a delicious sauce for it. I butterflied the tenderloin, cut it into 4 and rubbed it with sea salt and fresh black pepper. I pan seared the pieces for 3 minutes each side and then transferred them to the oven where I covered them in the sauce- made with red wine vinegar, worcestershire, garlic, shallots, parsley and oregano- and roasted them for 15 minutes. On the side I steamed some green beans and made rosemary couscous- cooked in broth with fresh rosemary and a bit of evoo added.

Here's my portion:


I thought it came out great! Nick liked it too but he did comment the contrast between the mild couscous and the tangy pork was a bit shocking! In a good way, of course!

More moving watching tonight, we're kind of bums ;)

No comments: