Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thick n' fruity

Happy Hump day all!

This morning I started off the middle of my week the best way possible- with a nice workout at the gym, and a delicious breakfast. I had 1/2 a clif bar on the way to the Y, then did 35 minutes on the elliptical- at level 9, burning 239 calories, and then 35 minutes of arm exercises- only burning 123 calories.

Back home I knew I wanted my beloved smoothie, but am broke and unfortunately can not afford another huge bottle of Jay Robb protein. BUT I came up with a wonderful solution! I used one of my 8.25 oz Muscle Milk Lights (vanilla flavor) in place of my usual soy/powder combo, added 1 cup frozen berries and 1 big fresh banana. It came out very thick, which I love because of how filling it is- and the fruit really came out with the light vanilla taste of the MM. Awesome combo- this is a great sub to Jay Robb, however the muscle milks are a bit on the expensive side as well. Ah, well, it made a tasty, healthy breakfast combo!

Today is my last day to just relax here- I have work tomorrow so I'm going to take it easy today, Nick and I are thinking about going out to dinner tonight (he leaves me again tomorrow) and then my busy schedule begins on Thursday. Almost school time again!!

Oh, and last night I messily ate this yummy, oh so sweet white grapefruit while watching Burn After Reading- which turned out to be really good! Brad Pitt was really funny, and all the actors played their parts well =)

Until later!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your last day of relaxation!!

healthy ashley said...

I love the idea of adding Muscle Milk to the smoothie! Ahh, the creaminess!