Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Burrito Belly

Ugh. Ever been so hungry you stuff your face because you think you're still hungry and then instantly realized you're not anymore... and you're stuffed??
That was me tonight.

The days eats were moderate- breakfast before heading to the gym was my usual oat bran, 1 tsp ghee, 1 cup soy milk, a banana and cinnamon.

I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical and my usual arm routine- pumping up to 8 reps... I'm nearing my goal!

After showering and heading to school I ate a light cheese stick and did some work before class.
Class went well, and I had a good few hours in the afternoon to study.
I ate my lunch; this new soup I picked up at the store on sale, and a plum.

The soup was surprisingly good! Thick, with big chunks of veggies and ham. I'd buy it again!

I discovered this cool new website this afternoon: Springpad
I love organization pages, this one has everything I want and more!!

In the afternoon I snacked on some TJ's greek yogurt and slivered almonds.

(shown with my a.m. cheese stick!)
I was very disappointed this did not hold me long! I was SO ready when I got home, I was glad I planned a simple dinner for Nick and I!
I made a HUGE batch of turkey burritos- I cooked the turkey with worcestershire, chili, cumin, cayenne, garlic, and diced tomatoes in juice, added some sauteed onions and peppers, corn and black beans. I put a big portion with some reduced fat mexican cheese in a big tortilla and rolled it all up, heated it on the pan and plated it with some more salsa and cheese.

Delicious! It was very messy to eat but good nonetheless.
I went back for a second- this time using a mini whole wheat tortilla for a half portion.

It was good as well but I am STUFFED now!! Serves me right for shoving my face, but at least it was yummy ;)

I'm tired after a long day, so tonight will most likely be a low key relax night!!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your restful evening!!

Anonymous said...

Those burritos look AWESOME!

I love tacos and stuff mmmm delicious. Enjoy your night!! :)