Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Indian Inspired

For once I think I was happy to be working today rather than out in the awful cold, wet rain!
Aside from the usual complaining customers, the day was a pretty easy one. I woke up i enough time to make myself a nice tropical smoothie-

1 cup nonfat soy, 1 cup frozen tropical fruit (mango, papaya, pineapple, strawberries, kiwi), 1 scoop chocolate designer whey and a banana. I had this along with a big mug of English Breakfast tea to warm me up!

At work mid morning I got hungry, so I snacked on half a chocolate almond fudge clif bar. Still can't decide whether I like these- I think they smell a bit like play-dough, but they don't taste too bad... but not my favorite. It was ok! Held me until lunch at least!


Lunch was much better than my snack!! I packed a flavorful Tasty Bute Indian meal to heat up- my favorite Spinach Dal, along with a pile of grapes on the side!

I made a quick grocery stop after work so I was quite hungry for a snack- I grabbed a medjool date at the store I snacked on during the ride home and then I got home and had a 0% chobani for a snack.

A couple hours later I was hungry again, so I made dinner- I used this curry paste I picked up in Montreal...

with some chicken breast tenders, along with some short grain brown rice and seasoned steamed broccoli/cauliflower. I used a variety of spices to make the veggies a little more Indian- inspired, some garlic, garam masala, mustard seeds, cinnamon, ginger, cumin and tumeric.

The chicken was VERY good, but spicy!!! Nick grabbed a whole wheat bagel, which I had 1/4 of, to contain the fire!! Whew! It was a good one though, the rice was nice and chewy and the veggies were tasty too!

I'm off to watch a bit of the Oscars with the roommate (Nick's not a big fan of it!) I'll be back after a long day tomorrow!!

EDITED TO ADD: Oscar treats and late night snacks= a sliced nectarine and a small handful of TJ's mini peanut butter cups =) Night!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looove Indian cuisine!!

Good luck with your long day tomorrow!!

itsawrap said...

Give Clif bars another chance! I recommend the Banana Nut Bread, Carrot Cake, or the Blueberry Crumble. What other brands do you recommend? I need some yummy bars to sustain me through nighttime grad classes.

Kristin said...

Yasmin,
I love clif bars! Just not this particular flavor. I recommend Larabars, KIND bars, Kashi bars and Balance Pure bars to hold you over!

I also love Pure Protein bars and Muscle Milk light bars- although not as natural they taste like candy and always keep me satiated!