Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Moving day, Taco night

Ciao tutto!
Sorry for the lack of posting today, it was quite the busy day to say the least!
I got up around the usual time and make breakfast. I was craving oats, so I made myself a big creamy bowl of oats using 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup nonfat soy milk, a sliced banana, a tablespoon of honey peanut butter and a few raisins on top.

Hit the spot!
After breakfast I headed to the gym, where I did a quick in-and-out 40 minute workout- 30 minutes running/walking on the treadmill and 10 more minutes on the elliptical. I jumped off and ran out- I knew we had to get going ASAP!! After a quick errrand I came home, showered and snacked on a plum on the way to Newport.

Nick and I stopped at The Picnic Basket for delicious sandwiches- I had my favorite, the Ed-wich- turkey, mozarella, roasted red peppers, spicy honey mustard, lettuce and tomato on basil foccacia. Perfection!!

I also had three of Nick's chips:

After grabbing lunch (I ate it in the car!) we headed over to Nick's new apartment to help him and his roommates move in. I definitely got a workout moving all that furniture! But it was a fun day, his roommates are really cool so it made it a good time!

We stopped at a 7-eleven on the way out, because I had never been to one and Nick insisted I try their famous slurpie.

I had a 12-oz one, and an apple to hold me until dinner.
We did some grocery shopping, and then headed back home for Nick's dinner suggestion- Tacos!! I hadn't had tacos in a while, and they were great! We made our with lean ground beef cooked with onions and taco seasoning, refried beans, reduced fat mexican cheese, salsa and cilantro. I also snacked on some baby carrots while prepping the filling!


I had one more after this- 3 altogether!

It was a good dinner, I'm full but not too full. I decided to stop after three tacos, and then Nick "forced" me to eat a spoonful of refried beans. Just 'cuz I love them so much. I know, I'm weird. ;)

(that's his "EAT IT!" joke-screaming face)

Now we're off to do MORE MOVING- some of my stuff from my parents' place, before finally settling in for the night. Phew, it has been a LONG day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love taco nights! Old El Paso refried beans are THE best...I love just heating em up and eating them plain or even cold!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Good luck with all that moving!!

Not Another Omnivore said...

slurpies from 7-11 are delicious. I did a post about them not too long ago. hope you enjoyed yours!

NAOmni