Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, February 2, 2009

Victory dance

So I never led onto it before, but I was rooting for The Steelers last night, so I was very happy when they won 27-23!!! Actually, the four of us made bets and I ended up coming the closest- I was the only one who picked the Steelers, and I chose the score 21-15, which if you watched the game you know was very close for a while there!! It turned out to be a lot of fun. I came home from work and quickly pulled together the chili cheese dip- this was a mixture of 'naughty and nice' I like to say. Real cream cheese, low fat beef chili, reduced fat mexican cheese and jalepenos.

I definitely had a few too many dips of this indulgence...
I drove over to Newport for the party, where I got to see Nick's new apartment for the summer, and then we met up at his future roommate & f.roommate's girlfriend's house for the game. When I got there I set out to make this pepperoni stromboli, which was pretty easy to make and came out fabulous. If anyone wants the recipe, I'll post it up for you. It's pretty much a rolled up pizza!!

I had two slices of the stromboli with marinara sauce. Yum!

We had a lot of fun during the game- Nick's friends are really cool- we even got into a conversation about my blog at one point and his friend suggested he put 'Kristinsnibbles.com' on the side of a boat so I get more readers!! I said yes! ;)
My dinner was basically the stromboli, a whole lot of chili cheese dip, some vegan bean dip, salsa and guacamole and of course tortilla chips. I ate a good amount, but since the snacks were my only dinner I never felt over full.
I brought over some of these babies for dessert...

Oh my. These are dangerous. Hands down the best mini store bought cookies EVER. (Live near a Trader Joes? Go. Now. Buy.) I restrained myself and only had 4... and then somehow I was conned into eating ~2 licorice sticks, but we won't go there (Nick).

Overall, a fun night, especially with the win, and we didn't get home too late so I got a decent night's sleep!
This morning I woke up craving the healthiest breakfast possible after all my little indulgences this weekend. What can be healthier than the yogurt trifecta- I tried this new greek yogurt:

Which was delicous (1 cup) along with 1 sliced banana, a handful of berries, and 1/4 cup slivered almonds.

Protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins, potassium, antioxidants, phtyochemicals... need I go on? This meal is sure to jump start my day!

It's another long one though, my next post won't be until late. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Lovin' the hearty eats!! :-)

Happy Monday!!

Olga said...

YEAH STEELERS! I was rooting for them too =]