Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adventures in Beantown

Happy Saturday everyone! Sadly, today is the end of my break- tomorrow I have work again and then tomorrow classes start up again, but I've had a nice time off! Plus the boy comes home tomorrow... Anyone keeping up with his posts? I told him I'd be happy to see a sea lion, and he told me they were terrifying. Guess I'm better off sticking with the pigeons in Boston. =)

Speaking of good ol' Boston, yesterday morning I got up bright and early for my day trip with Eric. I had a big berry smoothie-

and I knew I wanted to get a workout in, but nothing too strenuous because my legs were still sore from Thursday and I knew we would be doing plenty of walking throughout the day!! So I headed to the Y for a 40-minute mini workout. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes doing arm weights. After I was showered and ready to go, I met up with Eric at his house and we were off! We were lucky we left so early because traffic was horrible getting up to the train station in Providence- but we made it! I had this yummy snack on the commute-

So glad I found this flavor! I must buy it again!!

We took the Amtrak to South Station, before hopping on the T and heading to Back Bay. Eric claimed he was "famished" and the first thing we saw when we hopped off the T was Spikes, so we ate there!

I remembered Tina's post from the other day about the 57 T-Bird, so I got that- Veggie dog style, with some tomatoes added!

Yes, I totally indulged in their delicious curly fries. I ate about 1/2.

Today was a day for treats- we shopped and hung out all day, I picked up a couple new pieces of jewlery from Urban and a shirt from H&M, we had lots of fun looking around and we walked for pretty much 3 hours straight! We stopped to re-fuel at Emack & Bolios for deeeelicious ice cream!


I had a small cone of Grasshopper pie- mint ice cream with oreos and chocolate chips, with jimmies on top!


We also stopped for free coffee at this new coffee shop- it was pretty good! I've cut down on my coffee a lot, but when it's free it's free!


We shopped some more throughout the afternoon, then we decided to go for an early dinner at Upper Crust. We decided to design our own HUGE large pizza with our favorite toppings- the whole pizza had bbq chicken, bacon and fresh mozzarella, and my side had some added broccoli and black olives (Eric doesn't like veggies on his pizza- classic boy!)

(he couldn't keep his hands off of it!)

Mmm, mmm! I ate two large pieces and one small piece =)


We headed back to the train, where I picked up a magazine to read and my last treat of the day- Starburst! I haven't had these in a while, but I was craving them- I ate about half the pack.

All in all, it was a fun day- definitely a treat day, but like I said it's my break so indulging a bit is something I like to do, and I'll be back to being as healthy as usual on Monday =)

This morning I woke up and headed to Bagelz to pick up a treat breakfast. I had a wheat bagel with low fat veggie cream cheese, and a banana!


Today is a busy day- my legs are very sore from all the working out and walking I've been doing, but I'd still like to get a workout in- and I need to go grocery shopping, so a trip is planned with Mom later on in the day!

I'll be back this evening!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOORAY for Boston delights!! Lovin' that grasshopper pie ice cream, especially :-)

Enjoy your last day of break!!

Not Another Omnivore said...

I'm not a starbursts fan, but it seems like everyone else in my life is...

NAOmni