Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Never ending day

After leaving at 8am to go to the gym before working 7 long hours, it sure felt like the never ending day- it's good to be home!

Like I said, I woke up early to get a workout in before my shift that started at 12. I had breakfast before I left- a big berry smoothie...

made with 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup nonfat soymilk, a banana and a scoop of chocolate designer whey.

I also had the last slice of Irish soda bread because I wanted breakfast to hold me all morning!


I'm finally feeling better enough to pump up my workout a bit. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical at level 9, and 30 minutes of arm strengthening- back to using my 15 lbs !

After my workout I showered and sat at Starbucks to do some reading and have an early lunch. I packed a really yummy sammie with leftover corned beef, a light laughing cow, lettuce and mustard on a whole wheat sandwich thin. On the side I had some sliced carrots and parnips!


Lunch did a good job of holding me over throughout the first half of my shift- I had my cherry cashew Pure bar for a snack- sooo good! It held me until dinner, when I heated up this meal:

It was really yummy, and I like that Lean Cuisine has cleaned up a bit with some healthier, more natural options.

Back home I wanted a snack, so I had a vanilla Oikos greek yogurt (I really like these now!!) with some sliced strawberries.

I still might go back for a blondie... they're calling me from the freezer!

Night all!

1 comment:

Not Another Omnivore said...

I never actually got around to trying Greek yogurt before I decided to become vegan, but alas, maybe one day just for the experience.

NAOmni