My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, March 1, 2009


My lovely pink Sony Cybershot.
Yep, folks- the camera's a goner.
Right now I've been using my dad's camera, which seems to be working fine (for now) but we had to do some searching for the camera cord yesterday and that took some time, plus I was out and about all day so I didn't get a chance to post!

Here's my quick Saturday-recap now, I'll post pictures later!!!

I went to the gym mid-morning, where I did a nice 45 minute cardio session. 30 minutes on the bike and 15 on the elliptical. I wish I could make Saturday mornings my long run days now, but it's still too chilly for that!

Back home I showered and headed over to my parent's house, where my dad, sister and I shared the rest of last night's leftovers. I gave them the spaghetti, so I had 3 meatballs and 2 slices of garlic bread, with some baby carrots and grapes for extra nutrients!

My dad and I spent the afternoon hauling my old bed into Nick's new apartment (ok, I only did some hauling- his roommate helped with the big stuff!) in Newport and I worked up and appetite so we stopped so I could grab a bar- I had a Pure Protein S'mores bar, which was much better than the first time I had it!!

Later we picked my Mom up from work, and of course I had to stop in (I love J Crew!!) and I ended up leaving with a fabulous new spring jacket!! (Thanks Mom!)

By this time my mom was starving and my dad and I were hungry too, so we headed over to Middletown (a few minutes away!) for Mexican food!

We dug into the tortilla chips as soon as the waitress brought them over!

I could not decide what to get everything sounded SO GOOD!!! I finally settled on blue corn enchiladas, which had chicken, spinach and black beans wrapped in blue corn tortillas, covered in enchilada sauce and cheese. It came with a side salad and mexican rice. I ate half of everything- the rice and salad, dipped in a bit of dressing, and one enchilada. I saved the rest for lunch at work today!! I also had a bite of mom's enchilada and a bite of dad's refried beans.

After dinner I went and hung out with some old friends. A few movie snacks were consumed (Girl Scout cookies anyone?) but since today is March 1st (can you believe it?? it's snowing too!!) Only very few treats for me now! No more mindless nibbling or sugary snacking for me!

Today I started the day fresh, with a tropical-berry smoothie- 1/2 cup tropical fruit, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1 cup nonfat soy milk, a banana and a scoop of designer whey.

Lunch was as expected- leftovers, with a few extra baby carrots thrown in for good nutritious measure.

I also packed some nuts for mid morning.

Gotta go get ready for work, I'll be back later!!

1 comment:

VeggieGirl said...

R.I.P., dear camera.

Lovely smoothie you made this morning!!

Happy Sunday!!