Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yes, I did.



Actually, I was seriously considering not posting this.

But I did.

Because I'm human. And sometimes, I slip off the nutrition chain. Majorly, as in ice cream wednesday-chocolateandgummybear thursday-coldstone friday kind of slip up.

Coldstone just opened in my town, and Danielle and I wanted coldstone. Bad. I was planning on getting a small cup (really, I was!) but the super enthusiastic sales guy got me... and I ended up with birthday cake remix in a chocolate/sprinkle dipped waffle cone.


I ate about 3/4. And let me tell you, it was amazing. But I didn't feel so amazing afterwards. I decided this would be "no guilt"... because I need to not feel guilty about these things. Just learn from them and know it needs to be every once in a while and not usually 3 times a week (especially after indulging so much last weekend!).
I don't want to "hide" from my lovely blog friends, because then I wouldn't be me... I wouldn't be the honest, real Kristin you have come to read about! So this is the real Kristin- I try, as much as I can to stay healthy. And sometimes I'm not too healthy.
But I'm confident I'll get back on the right track.

I did eat some real food yesterday, too! I got very hungry only a couple hours after having the granola bar... it was good, yes, but didn't hold me too long! I had a red delicious apple on the way home-

and then I had 1/2 a sliced bell pepper I nibbled on while cooking dinner.

Mmm, mmm! What a way to use up leftovers! I had half a pound of lean ground beef left from Sunday, and I don't like to waste, so I decided to make burgers out of it! I used this recipe and it came out fab! I had my burger on a whole wheat bun with a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese, some of the deeelicious caramelized onions and a bunch of spicy brown mustard. We also had some waffle fries on the side (plus a couple pieces I nibbled on right out of the oven!)

As you know, Danielle, her boyfriend and I went out after for Coldstone, a quick trip to Gamestop (I never have a desire to play video games until I actually go to the store... now I REALLY want Wii so I can work out with Jillian Michaels! And then breed monkeys. Just sayin'.) and then I came home and went to bed.

This morning, I woke up and had a big fruit, nut and yogurt bowl because I needed something light, healthy and refreshing after my over-indulgence last night.

1 0% chobani, 5 strawberries, a medium banana and 1/4 cup slivered almonds.

Now I'm back at the parent's house, reading some blogs and relaxing for a bit, deciding on whether to run or not. I want to run, but it's chillier than I thought it would be. I might try to run, without any speed expectations, and see how far I can go. I have a race in two weeks and although being fast would be nice, I really want to slow down and work on endurance this season! Half marathon, here I home!
...ok, maybe that's a little ambitious at this point.
But for now I just need to get my butt out of the door ;)

After my run, my sister and I are heading to The Garden Grille to have lunch with Michelle!! Yay!! See you all after!

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

No worries!! The ice cream looks hoooooly yum :-)

Have fun with Michelle!!!

Not Another Omnivore said...

The ice cream and the apple look amazing, so you could consider it a win win either way you eat!

NAOMni

*Andrea* said...

i'm glad you posted this! you ARE human and if you never slipped up that would be quite frankly boring and you would miss out on coldstone haah. i love the cake batter - just consider it a fun time with a friend and you'll get right back on track asap ;)

itsawrapteacher said...

Yah buddy, Coldstone is sinfully delicious! Hope you enjoyed every bite!