Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Second to last

Well, my crazy Tuesday is here again… although I’m pretty happy it’s only my second-to-last ‘crazy Tuesday’!! Next week I have my last, and then it’s exam time, so it may be a little frenetic, but nothing like the gym-school-study-work-study thing I’ve been doing!

Any of you have one day of the week that’s just insane??

Yesterday went smoothly, at least. My writing class got out a bit early, and although I got caught in the rain, again, (it was my fault because I left my umbrella in my car!) when I got to Nick’s the house smelled delicious with the aroma of rice and beans. I offered to help a little (cutting and such), but Nick pretty much did it all. I decided: Jambalaya is definitely my favorite thing Nick makes!! I actually went back for seconds it was so good.

The jambalaya contained- sticky rice, salsa, sundried tomato chicken sausages, shrimp sautéed in buttah (the only really unhealthy addition), black beans and a TON of spices (cumin, chili powder, cayenne, red pepper flakes, green tabasco sauce).

Seconds:

It was spicy, but not too spicy. Totally hit the spot! And it was nice not having to do anything after a long day =)

For dessert, Danielle offered me a Coldstone Cupcake she had in the freezer- and I was happy to try one! Thinking in terms of moderation, I shared it with the boy because I KNEW I could have finished it myself, but Coldstone, although a fabulous treat, is known for being quite indulgent. We went with the double chocolate variety- it was awesome. Except Nick got mad at me because I insisted on having half of the oreo (it was ‘his side’). Hehe

This morning I woke up bright and early, well, not so bright- it’s still a pretty dreary, rainy day. I packed up my breakfast- half a clif bar to have on the way, and then a 0% plain chobani, some trail mix and a banana for after the gym.

I did bike & legs at the gym today, an efficient 50 minute workout.

I had an exam this morning in Kinesiology, my last one of the semester. The exam went better than expected, considering the last exam was absolutely killer.
Afterwards, I headed to physio, and survived another lecture before retreating to the library for lunch and (surprise surprise) MORE studying.

For lunch I packed my usual Sammie combo, turkey and light laughing cow with spicy brown mustard on and Arnold’s sandwich thin. Baby carrots and an apple for sides.

For a snack before work I packed a Rachel’s cottage cheese, in my favorite sweet flavor- orange pomegranate.

For dinner tonight I packed… nothing! It TOTALLY slipped my mind I was working this evening when I packed my lunch, so I have no dinner yet… I plan on getting an Amy’s meal at Belmont before I head in (poor me, haha). I’ll report back tomorrow.

Back to studying, have a great Tuesday- we’re almost halfway through the week!

No comments: