Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy again

Thanks for all of your support on my bad day guys, it is much appreciated! All your sweet comments and emails made my morning, and today has been much better!

I had intended on a savory breakfast this morning, but I wasn’t feeling it… the only thing I knew I wanted was nut butter! So I dug into my TJ’s organic peanut butter, and smeared some on a whole wheat English muffin, and topped it with some banana slices. I ate the other half of the banana on the side.

The boy has his camera with my breakfast pic, so I'll post it later!
I spent the morning finishing the Grey’s finale (so intense!) and then I decided to go for a run, despite the gray weather.
Unfortunately my HR monitor was a little off on heart rate- It said I only burned 61 calories in 45:15!!! But the run was a nice, steady 5-ish mile run and I felt good after.

I came back and showered, did some organizing around the house, and had a Babybel light cheese for a small snack to hold me until lunch.

Lunch was savory and delicious. I used some leftover taco ingredients to make a mexi-egg wrap, and it came out great!
I used 1/3 cup TJ's organic cage free egg whites, which I scrambled and placed atop about 1/3 cup refried beans, and added some salsa to the top of this, and wrapped it all up in a Rudi's spelt tortilla.

Not too perty, but very yummy and filling! On the side I had some carrot sticks.

I have a bunch of things to do around here… cleaning, dishes and such (maybe some baking?) before Nick brings his parents over, and then we’re hanging out with his family for the evening. I'll post later on!

But before I head off to do that… It’s Day 4 of Naturally Thin!

Rule #8- Know Thyself

This is SO important when it comes to eating. Because without knowing your own preferences, such as how much it takes to fill you up, what foods you REALLY like, and what foods you don't really, if you crave sweet or savory, etc. By knowing yourself you can make better, more satisfying choices and eat less, and more to your preferences! Do you need snacks, or three big meals? Or do you prefer mini-meals? It's all about what works for you! 

Kristin's Thoughts: For myself, I need those three solid meals, I can never skip one! I generally always need an afternoon snack, but my mid-morning snack depends on the size of my breakfast and the kind of exercise I do. When I exercise, I eat more- plain and simple! And that's ok. Some days I eat more than others, but I always try to eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm full. I've found I need a good amount of protein in EVERY meal or else it won't hold me! 

Only two more rules to go... how are you guys liking the Naturally Thin plan so far??

1 comment:

itsawrap said...

How great was Grey's?n Yah for a new day!