Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, May 25, 2009

Mission Gelato and a healthy morning

Morning, and happy Memorial day!
I hope you are all about to enjoy a beautiful day off!

Today is my last day off, before I have to get to work again so I plan on having as much fun as I can! I'm planning on finally going for a run, doing some cooking and then going to a BBQ with the fam at my cousins' house, which should be lots of fun!!

But let's backtrack. Last night, my sister and I were bored, and missing our boys, so we decided to go on a mission to cheer ourselves up. We headed into town to grab a funny movie and our favorite low fat treat- gelato! We both got cones, I got amaretto and straciatella, she got tiramisu and pomegranate. We both loved ours!!

This morning I woke up to an even healthier meal. Slowly but surely I'm getting back into my normal healthy ways. I had a yogurt bowl of 0% chobani, sliced strawberries, a sliced banana and some slivered almonds.

This is one of my favorite breakfasts, and one of the healthiest I eat! Score! I'm glad I started off my day healthy, because with a BBQ on the horizon I know today won't be picture perfect healthwise, so I'm preparing now!

I'm off to start prepping my salads. Have a great day, I'll do a bbq-recap later on!! =)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful BBQ!
I need to find some gelato! =D